2hearts.love - Let's talk about love!
The Boy In The Man - Printable Version

+- 2hearts.love - Let's talk about love! (https://www.2hearts.love)
+-- Forum: Love & Dating (https://www.2hearts.love/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (https://www.2hearts.love/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: The Boy In The Man (/thread-19.html)

The Boy In The Man - TheKing - 05-17-2021

[Image: SF9Oz8vl.jpg]

Every woman wants to meet her "Prince Charming" - that rich, handsome, tall, emotionally-mature, God-fearing, smooth-talking, intelligent, homely, fun-loving, supportive man, who can do no wrong Smile. And that's perfectly fine. After all, who doesn't want all the good things of life? Smile

And so, she sets her sights on achieving great things in her relationship/marriage; she turns down a number of suitors because they're not up to par, and in the process of time, she lands her dream relationship with Prince Charming!!! And guess what! Prince Charming is truly charming: full of all physical and material abundance. A fully grown man, both physically and emotionally - at least, so it appears. But there's one thing that isn't obvious, and it's this:

In every Man, there is a Boy. And even in a King, you'll still find a Kid.

Hold On! Let Me Shed Some More Light

[Image: unpdp4al.jpg]

Don't get me wrong. This post isn't meant to encourage our precious woman out there to let down their guards and just accept any suitor that comes their way. Instead, my intention is to help us set our expectations straight and realize that life is real, and in reality, interesting things happen. Also, if you're man reading this, realize that this post also speaks to you, if you'll agree to do a quick mental-switch, and pretend for a moment that the subject of this post is a man, and not a woman. Anyways, this post has a woman as the subject because (while I do believe that a man and his woman must work together to maintain a healthy and happy marriage) I believe that the onus of maintaining a happy and long-lasting marriage rests more on the woman than on the man Wink . If you think I'm wrong, let me know in your reply, below.

Back To Base
So, back to base. Wink  In every Man, there's a Boy. And even in a King, you'll find a Kid. This is true for every man. I'm not one given to making generic statements like "all men..." and "all women...", but I think it's perfectly safe for me to do so here, because, I mean, it's just common sense; the man you see today was once a boy; and the woman you see today was once a girl.

Anyways, that been said, the problem isn't with having a boy in a man or a kid in a king, the problem arrises when a woman doesn't know how to manage the little boy, when he raises his tiny, cute head from the man. That little boy may manifest as a silly attitude displayed by your man. He could manifest as that careless laughter or that unecessarily prolonged argument. He could even manifest as an inexplicable playfulness/unseriousness at a very odd time. Big Grin Question is: what will you do when he shows up?

Let me show you something.

The Dancing King!

[Image: r2fxofpl.jpg]

There's an event that took place many years ago, between a man named David and his wife Michal. David was (as it were) the dream-man of many women - he was handsome, God-fearing, gifted, strong, and above all, he was financially loaded. Big Grin  He was the King!!!

One day, David and his men came back from war. They had conquered their enemies and brought back the "ark of the covenant", an artifact that symbolized the covenant of God and the earthly nation of Israel. It was a joyous moment; music, all over the place. David and his men were all dancing. But that's not all. As the entire city was jubilating, even the menservants and maidservants were all dancing and wanching the king dance. But the king took things to the next level. Here's how the scriptures put it:

"And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod."

"And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window
and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart."

[2 Samuel 6: 14, 16]

Take a close look at what is happening. The king, David, danced with all his might Smile . This is not the type of dance we're used to. He danced to the point where he was almost going naked. He was dancing and leaping at the same time. I'm sure you know what that means Smile .

Some people claim that it was the Spirit of God that came on David and made him dance in that manner, but that's not correct. David was fully in charge of what was happening. He danced all by himself, with all his might. With Saul (as recorded in 1 Samuel 10 ), he was under the influence of the Spirit; so, he danced and prophesied among the other prophets...not so with David.

Anyways, Michal (David's wife) didn't think her husband was behaving in a manner that befits a king. He was disgracing himself. He was acting childishly. He needed to grow-up Big Grin. Now, I don't think it was totally wrong for Michal to have been worried about the behavior of her man, but I think the way she went about handling it was a big issue.

Here's what happened:

"...he [David] blessed the people in the name of the LORD of hosts."

"Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul
came out to meet David, and said, how glorious was the king of Israel today, who
uncovered himself today in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows
shamelessly uncovereth himself."
                                                                                                           [2 Samuel 6: 18, 20]

So, Michal literally accosted David her husband the moment he stepped his feet in his premises.; washing him down with her words.

The End Result

[Image: yDM6IYMl.jpg]

David's response was a stern, unhappy, and somewath insulting one. He said:

"...it was before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house,
to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel: therefore will I play before the LORD "

"And I will yet be more vile than thus..."

"Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death"
                                                                                                  [2 Samuel 6: 21 - 23]

I'm sure Michal didn't expect the kind of response she received from her husband David, the Man of God! But it shows us what we can expect, whenever we decide to throw caution to the wind. Michal didn't only get an upset husband; she got a man who (owing to the way she presented her case) refused to accept any blames, insulted her father (indirectly), and promised to do worse than what she was complaining about. To make matters worse, her attitude brought a curse of barreness upon her; something that stayed  with her for the rest of her life.

Here's my judgement. Every woman should realise that she's given birth to her first baby-boy the moment she says I do to a man. Smile  That's just the way it is. It's a matter of time, that boy in your man (that thing that makes him look stupid sometimes) will manifest in one way or the other. The way you handle it will determine the outcome. So, when next that cute, little boy begins to try to show himself, just remember this:

"Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established"
                                                                                                          [Proverbs 24: 3]

May God help us all. Heart

If you like this post, kindly use any of the social media buttons to the left or at the bottom (depending on your device-type) of this page to share it with your friends. Also, feel free to leave your comments below.

Blessings...